Pursuing truth on sexuality
Even though we live in a sexually saturated society, what most people know about sexuality is a mix of mis-truths and inaccurate information. Unfortunately, this is no less true for many professionals who work with sexual issues.
Finding accurate information can be a dauting task however. Where do we find accurate information? How can we know that what we are reading is accurate? There are over 70 professional journals on sexual related topics, how can we keep up with what is current?
Finding a trusted source to review and curate the information is what Sexualis Veritas is about.
Integration is a critical piece for Sexualis Veritas each piece will address the integration of the truth with Biblical world view.
About your curator
Rev. Michael R Sytsma, PhD, LPC, CST, CPCS
Dr. Sytsma’s passion for knowledge and truth has been present from childhood. Educationally he has been trained as a pastor, substance abuse counselor, community counselor, sex addictions counselor, marriage and family therapist, and sex therapist. He has been a professor at Richmont Graduate University (formerly psychological studies Institute) since the early 90s. and an adjunct professor at Asbury Theological Seminary and Reformed Theological Seminary. He has been a guest professor at Dallas Theological Seminary, Denver Seminary, Trevecca, Rosemead, and Talbot.
Dr. Sytsma left the traditional staff pastor role in 1998 and started Building Intimate Marriages, Inc., a non-profit marriage ministry where he pastors couples guiding them toward discipleship in their marriages. He meets with about 20 couples a week and provides seminars, workshops and retreats.
In 2000, Dr. Sytsma partnered with Douglas Rosenau, Debra Taylor, and Christopher McCluskey to develop Sexual Wholeness, Inc. As part of his role in Sexual Wholeness, Dr. Sytsma took 6 months to research and write the Institute for Sexual Wholeness program – a graduate program in teaching sex therapy to Christian counselors and therapists. He resigned as Academic Dean for the program in 2015 but continues to serve as one of the core faculty for the program.
Professional Journals related to sexual issues
- Advances In Sex Hormone Research
- African Journal Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Aging Male: The Official Journal Of The International Society For The Study Of The Aging Male
- American Journal Of Sexuality Education
- Annual Review Of Sex Research
- Archives Of Sexual Behavior
- Australian Journal Of Sex, Marriage & Family
- Biology Of Sex Differences [Electronic Resource]
- British Journal Of Sexual Medicine
- Canadian Journal Of Human Sexuality
- Contemporary Sexuality
- Culture, Health & Sexuality
- Current Sexual Health Reports
- Electronic Journal Of Human Sexuality
- European Journal Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Gender Medicine
- Health And Sexuality
- Health Education Bulletin
- Indian Journal Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- International Journal Of Men’s Health
- International Journal Of Sex-Economy And Orgone-Research
- International Journal Of Sexology
- International Journal Of Sexual Health: Official Journal Of The World Association For Sexual Health
- International Perspectives On Sexual And Reproductive Health
- Issues In Child Abuse Accusations
- Journal Of Black Sexuality And Relationships
- Journal Of Child Sexual Abuse
- Journal Of Gender-Specific Medicine: (The Official Journal Of The Partnership For Women’s Health At Columbia)
- Journal Of Men’s Health & Gender: The Official Journal Of The International Society For Men’s Health & Gender
- Journal Of Psychology & Human Sexuality
- Journal Of Sex & Marital Therapy
- Journal Of Sex Education
- Journal Of Sex Education & Therapy
- Journal Of Sex Research
- Journal Of Sexual Aggression
- Journal Of Sexual Medicine
- Journal Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases [Electronic Resource]
- Journal Of Social Work & Human Sexuality
- Journal Of The History Of Sexuality
- Medical Aspects Of Human Sexuality
- Perspectives On Sexual And Reproductive Health
- Psychology And Sexuality
- Psychology Of Men & Masculinity
- Psychology Of Sexual Orientation And Gender Diversity
- Psychology Of Sexualities Review
- Psychology Of Women Quarterly
- Psychology, Evolution & Gender
- Reproductive System & Sexual Disorders: Current Research. [Electronic Resource]
- Sex Roles
- Sex Weekly Plus
- Sexual & Relationship Therapy
- Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare: Official Journal Of The Swedish Association Of Midwives
- Sexual Abuse: A Journal Of Research And Treatment
- Sexual Addiction & Compulsivity
- Sexual And Marital Therapy: Journal Of The Association Of Sexual And Marital Therapists
- Sexual And Relationship Therapy: Journal Of The British Association For Sexual And Relationship Therapy
- Sexual Development: Genetics, Molecular Biology, Evolution, Endocrinology, Embryology, And Pathology Of Sex Determination And Differentiation
- Sexual Health
- Sexual Health Exchange
- Sexual Medicine
- Sexual Medicine Reviews
- Sexual Medicine Today
- Sexualities, Evolution & Gender
- Sexuality & Culture
- Sexuality & Disability
- Sexuality Research & Social Policy: Journal Of NSRC: SR & SP.
- Sexuality, Reproduction & Menopause
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- SIECUS Report
- Studies In Gender And Sexuality
- Violence And Gender
Possible Domain Names
- sexualtruth.com (unknown price – godaddy.com)
- sextruth.com ($9500 – sedo.com)
- sexualtruth.org (unknown price – godaddy.com)
Living in the information age means being inundated with more knowledge than we can assmilate.
As professionals, it is imporant for us to stay on top of the latest information in our field.
We need help in sorting through the clutter of information so we can focus on the important knowledge.
Designed to maximize your personal and professional growth. I will bring the most current and pertinent knowledge in the field of human sexuality to your attention.
Services provided by subscription
Sexual Research Review
Bi-weekly blog post that reviews critical research and theoretical articles. Most will be pulled from peer reviewed journals but some from other professional or popular sources.
Journals monitored for pertinent reviews includes:
- The Journal of Sex Research
- The Journal of Sexual Medicine
- Sexual Medicine Reviews
- Sexual Medicine Open Access
- Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy
- Sexual and Relationship Therapy
- Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity
Additional journals will be consulted as relevant articles are posted.
Sexualis Veritas - the website
Optional feature (dependent upon financing)
Sexual Research Review - Video
Patterned after MedScape’s One on One and Perspective pieces. Subscribers would receive access to monthly (?) video pieces that discuss current events or interesting research. Will allow for perspectives of other professionals to be represented.
Possible future feature (dependent upon subscriptions)
Sexualis Veritas - Podcast
Conference Call (need a better name)
Sexualis Veritas - The Discussion
Probable future feature (dependent upon partipation)
Sexualis Veritas - The Consumer Version
(name to be developed)
This would be a regular blog (weekly?) written by Plus members of the team who develop Sexualis Veritas concepts into a form available to couples. Thus, the Sexual Research Review might be on Botti’s new research on treating low sexual desire in women with mindfulness and the Consumer Version is written by a team member to couples and wives who subscribe to that version.
Eventually, this could include podcast and video as well if there are enough subscriptions to support..
Likely expansion service
Sexualis Veritas Press
It is expected that information is curated and collected that a need will arise to provide the information in a collected format, especially in book or ebook format.
Sexualis Veritas Press will become the vehicle for quick turn around in publishing relevant, up to date information that meets the vision of the service. This could include books, workbooks, pamphlets, ebooks, videos, podcasts, etc.
Sources of revenue
Subscriptions can be provided at differing levels. This allows those interested to start at a inexpensive level and those who wish higher level of interactivity to be able to access it.
|Sexual Research Review||X||X|
|Discount on Training||X||X|
Additional sources of income
While subscriptions will be the primary source of income, curated content has been shown to generate additional sources of revenue as well. These can include:
- Purchasable content
- Personal Consultations
- Continuing Education Units – teaching built on the curated content